Dortje Completed



I like how they turned out, but let's just say next time I make them I don't think I'll be doing the pieced leg option. Placing ruffles into curved seams is apparently not my forte. I am excited that I learned to make the slash pockets, it was so easy, and the faux fly was new to me too. Two changes I'll have to make next time are to place the back pockets higher and add two inches to the length; the fit in the waist was perfect but the pant legs were a bit high-water on my daughter so I added that extra piece in pink fabric at the bottom. I used a flannel plaid in green, pink and white for the waistband and I think it will be more comfortable to wear, it's super soft.


At first she nearly refused to wear them because they weren't completely pink... but I think once she had them on, she was pretty happy. And that makes me happy too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment